Who do you work with? We provide Individual Therapy, Couples Therapy, Pre-marital therapy, Group Therapy and Teletherapy.
What are your hours? We are open 7 days a week and offer daytime, evening and weekend appointments. We understand your work demands. We can offer appointment times that accommodate your schedule. We are open 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. Monday through Friday. 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
How quickly can I see a therapist? Typically within 7 days, sometimes appointments are available much faster. Our office is responsive and we work to get you the right fit as quickly as possible. Evening and weekend times fill up fastest.
Where are you located? Let’s Talk Psychological Wellness is located in Midtown Manhattan convenient to NYC subways and buses. We are located at 153 W 27th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues.
Do you offer online or teletherapy? Yes we offer online therapy, sometimes called teletherapy via secure video. This is a flexible, convenient option and is available to all New York State residents. Connection is quick and easy. You will need a web camera and high speed internet.
What about Payment? Psychotherapy is an important investment in your health. We offer a complimentary phone call to discuss your needs, goals for therapy and your preferences. We accept checks, debit and credit cards, including flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts.
Do you accept insurance?
All of our therapists are in-network with:
- All Aetna plans
- Aetna Student Health (Columbia University, Pace University, Fordham University, Fashion Institute of Technology)
- United Healthcare Student Resources (New School Students Only).
What if I don’t have Aetna or not a New School Student? If you have a different insurance plan we can help you figure out if you have out-of-network coverage and help you file with your insurance company for reimbursement. We are out-of-network providers for most insurance plans and can provide you with all the documentation you need to seek reimbursement from your insurance company. Please call us with any questions about payment and fees.
Here are the questions to ask your insurance:
Calling your insurance plan about out-of-network plan questions.
You can find out what your insurance plan covers by reaching out to your insurance provider by calling the number on the back of your insurance card. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do I have out-of-network benefits for mental health/behavioral health services?
- Do I have a deductible for out-of-network mental health/behavioral health services? How much is it? What’s the remainder on my deductible?
- What is the reimbursement rate for mental health/behavioral health services? (The usual rate of reimbursement is 50%-80% e.g. if the insurance says 80% it means they cover 80% and you are responsible for 20% of the cost after any deductible is met).
If your insurance plan does not have out-of-network coverage, then it won’t cover your visits.
You can also use your flexible spending account or health savings account to pay for visits as well